KU Recreation Services
Notices & Events
- Tired of the same old workout? Join Strength Camp!
- •February 3rd - March 12th
- •Mon., Wed. & Fri. 7 am - 8 am; Cost: $135
- •Limited to first 6 participants; Sign-up in Room 103 today!
- Intramurals Pre-Holiday Basketball Begins Week of Nov. 24th
- •It's Basketball Time!!
- •Tournament will begin the week of Nov. 24th and resume after the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Having trouble with your fitness goals? Check out a Fit4U Assessment!
- •Cost: $15 - Members; $20 - Non-members
- •Sign up in Room 103 today!
- One More FREE Bilingual Fitness Class!
- •French Yoga with Marissa: Sunday Dec. 15th from 1 pm - 2 pm.
- *Class ttaught entirely in French!
- KU Recreation Services Mobile App is Now Available for Download!
- •There is a version for both Android (Google Play) and iPhone (Apple App Store) phones.
- •For Android, search for "KU Rec" and for iPhone, search for "KU Recreation Services".
- •Go download this free app today!!
10-Year Anniversary Celebration
Motivate. Recreate. Celebrate.
The Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center is celebrating 10 years this year. Several fun activities are planned to celebrate this milestone, including a Decathlon and an Open House.
The Decathlon will take place from Sunday, September 22nd - Wednesday, September 25th. Opening ceremonies will be at 3:00 pm on Sunday and Closing ceremonies will conclude with the last event, beginning at 5:00 pm on Wednesday, September 25th.
There will be an Open House at Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center on Wednesday, September 25th from 2:30 - 5:30 pm. for everyone. All students, faculty, and staff are invited to come take a look at what we have been doing for the past 10 years, while enjoying some light snacks.
A Decathlon will be held, pitting teams against each other for 10 different events over the course of four days.
The Events are:
|Opening Ceremony||Sun., 9.22||3:00 pm|
|Facebook Photo Challenge||Sun., 9.22 - Wed. 9.25||The Chalk Rock Race to the Top||Sun., 9.22||3:15 pm||Row, Row, Row...||Sun., 9.22||5:15 pm||ASRFC Crossword||Mon., 9.23 - Wed., 9.25|
|Dodgeball||Mon., 9.23||4:30 pm|
|Pitch a Tent||Mon., 9.23||5:30 pm||Zumba||Tues., 9.24||4:30 pm||Longest Drive||Tues., 9.24||5:30 pm|
|Jaywalk Relay||Wed., 9.25||4:00 pm|
|Towel Folding Finale||Wed., 9.25||5:00 pm|
|Closing Ceremony||Wed., 9.25||5:30 pm|
To enter, please visit IMLeagues.com/KU and register your team. Each team will be made up of no less than 5 and no more than 10 people. Each team can sign up for any of the 10 events. Each event will have points awarded. Please see the attached .pdf for the point system. A running total of points will be kept and the team with the most points at the end of the Decathlon will be named the winners and receive a prize package.
All students, faculty and staff are invited to stop by the Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center between 2:30 - 5:30 pm on Wednesday, September 25th and take part in the following:
- Live broadcast from KJHK 90.7 FM
- Light snacks offered
- Historical timeline
- Slideshow to see the history of how this building came to be