KU Recreation Services
Notices & Events
- Annual Steam Shutdown: Hot Water is Coming Back!
- •The water is gradually warming up and should be hot by this evening - Fri., 5.24.
- •Towel service will resume by late afternoon/early evening.
- •Thank you for your understanding during this planned shutdown.
- Racquetball Court #3 Closed Indefinitely
- •Due to shattered glass, this court is closed, but is anticipated to be open on June 17.
- •Thank you for your cooperation while it is being fixed.
- Enter the Leave Your Mark Design Contest
- •Submissions accepted April 17 - June 12
- •Open to any KU Student
- •Winning design will be put on wall by the track in the ASRFC
- Play-By 3-on-3 Men's & Women's BB Tournaments
- •Get your team together now for the summer tourney.
- •Registration will be from May 22nd - May 29th.; Play will begin May 31st
- •Register online at IMLeagues.com/KU
- Bikes for Rent in ODP
- •Outdoor Pursuits now has bikes available to rent.
- •Mountain and Comfort bikes are available.
Directions to Adams Campus Outdoor Education Center
Address for the Adams Campus Challenge; 1030 E 750RD Lawrence, KS
Beginning from KU Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center
- Exit the parking lot headed WEST (towards Allen Field House) on SCHWEGLER DR.
- Turn LEFT onto NAISMITH DR.
- Turn RIGHT at the stoplight onto W 19TH ST.
- Turn LEFT at the stoplight onto IOWA ST.
- Turn RIGHT at the stoplight onto CLINTON PARKWAY.
- Continue on Clinton Pkwy around the roundabout and under the Lawrence traffic way to the T-Intersection at E 900TH RD. Turn LEFT.
- Continue on E 900TH RD. over the dam until you come to the T-Intersection at E 1000 RD. There will be a sign for Clinton Park on your right. Turn RIGHT.
- Continue on E 1000 RD. around the three big curves. There will be a sign for Lone Star Lake on the right. At the top of the hill, take a RIGHT turn onto E 750TH RD.
- Continue down the gravel road until you see a large gate on your right with a sign for ADAMS CAMPUS CHALLENGE COURSE. A facilitator will be ready to greet you inside the gate.