KU Recreation Services
Notices & Events
- Annual Steam Shutdown: May 19-24
- •There will be NO HOT WATER May 19-24 in the ASRFC.
- •This will affect towel service, showers, and fluctuating temps in the building.
- •Thank you for your understanding during this planned shutdown.
- Canoe KU Trip Coming in May - Deadline Extended to May 22nd!
- •Trip will take place May 28 - June 3.
- •Float down the Buffalo River in Arkansas.
- •Don't delay, apply today!
- Racquetball Court #3 Closed Indefinitely
- •Due to shattered glass, this court is closed, but is anticipated to be open on June 17.
- •Thank you for your cooperation while it is being fixed.
- Enter the Leave Your Mark Design Contest
- •Submissions accepted April 17 - June 12
- •Open to any KU Student
- •Winning design will be put on wall by the track in the ASRFC
- Play-By 3-on-3 Men's & Women's BB Tournaments
- •Get your team together now for the summer tourney.
- •Registration will be from May 22nd - May 29th.; Play will begin May 31st
- •Register online at IMLeagues.com/KU
- Bikes for Rent in ODP
- •Outdoor Pursuits now has bikes available to rent.
- •Mountain and Comfort bikes are available.
Adams Campus Outdoor Education Center
The Adams Campus Outdoor Education Center is a challenge course with a series of activities consisting of real and imaginary obstacles. It is designed to promote leadership by trying new things and pushing people out of their comfort zones, reducing inhibitions and breaking down barriers, problem solving, building trust and communication through physical and emotional challenges.
The Adams Campus Outdoor Education Center is a low element challenge course located South of Lawrence, just Southeast of Clinton Lake. Programming is open to both KU students and the public.
Success is determined by the willingness to participate and grow, not by the completion of tasks.