KU Recreation Services
Notices & Events
- Annual Steam Shutdown: May 19-24
- •There will be NO HOT WATER May 19-24 in the ASRFC.
- •This will affect towel service, showers, and fluctuating temps in the building.
- •Thank you for your understanding during this planned shutdown.
- Canoe KU Trip Coming in May - Deadline Extended to May 22nd!
- •Trip will take place May 28 - June 3.
- •Float down the Buffalo River in Arkansas.
- •Don't delay, apply today!
- Racquetball Court #3 Closed Indefinitely
- •Due to shattered glass, this court is closed, but is anticipated to be open on June 17.
- •Thank you for your cooperation while it is being fixed.
- Enter the Leave Your Mark Design Contest
- •Submissions accepted April 17 - June 12
- •Open to any KU Student
- •Winning design will be put on wall by the track in the ASRFC
- Play-By 3-on-3 Men's & Women's BB Tournaments
- •Get your team together now for the summer tourney.
- •Registration will be from May 22nd - May 29th.; Play will begin May 31st
- •Register online at IMLeagues.com/KU
- Bikes for Rent in ODP
- •Outdoor Pursuits now has bikes available to rent.
- •Mountain and Comfort bikes are available.
Cardiovascular/Resistance Training (CRT) Orientations
KU Recreation Services offers all members of the Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center a CRT (Cardiovascular/Resistance Training) Orientation. Orientations are available FREE of charge to all members. Members will be introduced to up to 12 basic strength training machines (selectorized). The Orientation Guides will assist the member in finding the correct seat adjustments and a basic weight/load guideline will be provided. An overview of cardiovascular machines will also be provided. The orientation is not a personal training session; an exercise program will not be prescribed/designed for the participant. A participant wanting to work towards specific fitness goals after completing the CRT orientation is encouraged to utilize personal training services.