Notices & Events
- Annual Steam Shutdown: Hot Water is Coming Back!
- •The water is gradually warming up and should be hot by this evening - Fri., 5.24.
- •Towel service will resume by late afternoon/early evening.
- •Thank you for your understanding during this planned shutdown.
- Racquetball Court #3 Closed Indefinitely
- •Due to shattered glass, this court is closed, but is anticipated to be open on June 17.
- •Thank you for your cooperation while it is being fixed.
- Enter the Leave Your Mark Design Contest
- •Submissions accepted April 17 - June 12
- •Open to any KU Student
- •Winning design will be put on wall by the track in the ASRFC
- Play-By 3-on-3 Men's & Women's BB Tournaments
- •Get your team together now for the summer tourney.
- •Registration will be from May 22nd - May 29th.; Play will begin May 31st
- •Register online at IMLeagues.com/KU
- Bikes for Rent in ODP
- •Outdoor Pursuits now has bikes available to rent.
- •Mountain and Comfort bikes are available.
Who can play IM Sports at KU?
- Must be a currently enrolled student on Lawrence Campus
- If faculty/staff must be a member of ASRFC to enter building and participate.
My team forfeited, where do I pay my forfeit fee?
- Paid in Room 103 of the ASRFC with Administrative Assistant. Forfeits must be paid within three business days or the team will be dropped from the league. (Note: Regular hours in Room 103 are M-F, 8a-8p, Sat-Sun 11a-5p)
Where can I find what Intramural Sports are being offered and schedules and/or playoff brackets?
I am having trouble registering a team online and am having the following problem:
- It is telling me ‘Member ID not in database.’ What does this mean?
- It can mean multiple things. First, check to ensure that you are entering the person's first and last name and ISO number exactly correct. If one of the 16 digits is out of place or order, it will not recognize the name. Secondly, is the card an old KUID? Unlike the KUID number you have, your ISO number changes each time you get a new KUID Card. Third, the student you are attempting to enter is not an enrolled student on the Lawrence campus.
- I get the message ‘Query Exception’ when entering my team name.
- This usually means that you are attempting to enter a team name with punctuation that is not allowed. It also could mean your session has timed out and need to log-in again.
- I click on the current semester and nothing comes up!
- First and foremost, make sure you are utilizing Internet Explorer as your Internet browser. Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape, etc. will not work on this registration site. Secondly, you should be attempting to click on the plus sign next to the current semester to see the menu drop down.
How many teams can I play on?
- In any sport, you can only play on one team per division. There are three basic divisions within men's and women's intramural sports, Open, Greek and ResHall. So potentially a student could play on one Open team, one Greek team and one ResHall team. Only members of a Greek organization are eligible to play for their respective organizations, and only members of a Residence Hall are eligible to play for their respective hall.
- If there is a competitive open division and recreational open division, you may only play one open team, regardless of competitive or recreational designation.
- In CoRec intramural sports, there is only one division. This means that each student is only eligible to play for one CoRec team per sport.
I have registered my team on-line, what is my next step?
- For sports that require an entry fee, your team's entry fee must be paid during the specified time periods on the Calendar of Events document.
- Next you must also attend the regular season manager's meeting. Teams that do not attend this meeting will be assessed a forfeit and charged a $10 forfeit fee if they wish to remain in the league.
Where can I find the date and time for the manager's meetings for each sport?
- For the regular season manager's meeting for each sport, this information can be found on the Calendar of Events for each semester. This document can be found on the IM page of our website and is posted on the IM bulletin board in the ASRFC.
- For playoff manager's meetings, this information will be posted online after the respective meeting is scheduled. A flier will also be posted in the ASRFC on the IM bulletin board. It will be the responsibility of each manager to check the website throughout the season for the time and place of the meeting. Teams will not be notified via email in regards to this meeting.
I need to add a player to my roster, where do I go?
- This can be done on-line. The manager can go back to the same site they registered their team at and add players to their roster by following the Online Directions that are on www.recreation.ku.edu.
- Or, see the Intramural Sports Program Managers who have an office in Room 204 (office hours only).
- Also, the team can add up to 2 players to their roster at the field/court before their game. (This applies only to regular season games. Rosters are frozen after the regular season)
Who do I see if I have been ejected from an Intramural Sports contest?
- Any ejected participant is immediately indefinitely suspended from participating in any intramural event. The ejected participant must make an appointment to meet with the Coordinator of IM Sports for reinstatement.
What is the telephone number for Intramural Sports and where is the office?
- 864-0787 and Room 204 ASRFC
What is the telephone number to find out if games are cancelled or not?
- The RecInfo line, 864-3456
- This voicemail line will be updated by 3 p.m. weekdays and 10:30 a.m. on weekends in the event of cancellation or postponement of Intramural Sports events.
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression and genetic information in the University’s programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.