KU Recreation Services
Notices & Events
- Tired of the same old workout? Join Strength Camp!
- •February 3rd - March 12th
- •Mon., Wed. & Fri. 7 am - 8 am; Cost: $135
- •Limited to first 6 participants; Sign-up in Room 103 today!
- Intramurals Pre-Holiday Basketball Begins Week of Nov. 24th
- •It's Basketball Time!!
- •Tournament will begin the week of Nov. 24th and resume after the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Having trouble with your fitness goals? Check out a Fit4U Assessment!
- •Cost: $15 - Members; $20 - Non-members
- •Sign up in Room 103 today!
- One More FREE Bilingual Fitness Class!
- •French Yoga with Marissa: Sunday Dec. 15th from 1 pm - 2 pm.
- *Class ttaught entirely in French!
- KU Recreation Services Mobile App is Now Available for Download!
- •There is a version for both Android (Google Play) and iPhone (Apple App Store) phones.
- •For Android, search for "KU Rec" and for iPhone, search for "KU Recreation Services".
- •Go download this free app today!!
Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center
- I have lost my KU Photo ID. Can I use the ASRFC?
- Where am I able to park when using the ASRFC?
- What is the length of the track at the ASRFC?
- What direction am I suppose to go on the track at the ASRFC?
- Which lane should I be in when using the track at the ASRFC?
Shenk Recreation Complex
- Who uses the Shenk Recreation Complex?
- Can I rent Shenk for a Special Event or tournament?
- Why do you close the complex down over the summer?
- I have a game/tournament/special event planned for tomorrow and it is raining! Will we get to play tomorrow?
- What are the activities that I cannot do at Shenk?
I have lost my KU Photo ID. Can I use the ASRFC?
Appropriate KU Photo Identification must be presented upon each entry to gain admittance to the ASRFC.
Current members may enter the ASRFC three times ONLY during one calendar year with the use of a United States governement or state government issued non-University of Kansas document/identification card. Documnet/indentification card must have a current picture of the member. For example, members could use their driver's license, DMV identification card, military ID or passport as long as it has an indentifying picture and name on it. Other non-official IDs that do not have pictures, such as social security cards will not be accepted.
No ID = No Entry.
Where am I able to park when using the ASRFC?
Restricted parking is available in Yellow Parking Lot No. 90 from 8am to 4pm Monday through Friday. Yellow permit is required.
ASRFC Permits are only available for University Housing or Park and Ride Permits between 8am-4pm.
Restricted parking is available in Red Parking Lot No. 90 from 7am - 5pm Monday through Friday. Red permit is required.
Meter parking is available in Parking Lot No. 90.
To inquire about parking permit eligibility and cost, please contact the KU Parking and Transit Department.
What is the length of the track at the ASRFC?
Inside Lane is 4 3/4 laps = 1 mile
Middle Lane is 4 1/2 laps = 1 mile
Outside Lane is 4 1/4 laps = 1 mile
What direction am I suppose to go on the track at the ASRFC?
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays = Counter Clockwise
Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturday = Clockwise
Which lane should I be in when using the track at the ASRFC?
Walkers = inside lane, except when passing
Joggers and Runners = outer two lanes
Who uses the Shenk Recreation Complex?
The Shenk Complex is mainly used by KU Recreation Services programs such as the Intramural and Sport Club programs.
Can I rent Shenk for a Special Event or tournament?
Yes, please contact KU Recreation Services for more specific information like availability and rates: 864-3546 or complete this Shenk Outdoor Complex Facility Request Form.
Why do you close the complex down over the summer?
We do this to prepare the fields for our heavy use times that take place once classes begin in the fall. This gives our staff time to water, aerate, fertilize, and do other things that make the fields better. We do ask that you stay off the fields during this time to allow our staff to make the fields a better playing surface!
I have a game/tournament/special event planned for tomorrow and it is raining! Will we get to play tomorrow?
It will depend on several things: how much rain we get, were the fields dry before the rain, is it still raining, and/or is it lightning? Our first priority is the safety of our participant and we will make decisions based on their best interest. Our second priority is the condition of our fields. If it is sloppy wet and playing on the fields will result in the fields being torn up, we will either cancel or postpone your event. Please call our Rec Info Line at 864-3456 for field condition and weather info after 2:30p on weekdays and 10:00a on weekends (unless specified with your group otherwise).
What are the activities that I cannot do at Shenk?
Please go to our Shenk policies page here for specific information.