KU Recreation Services
Notices & Events
- Annual Steam Shutdown: May 19-24
- •There will be NO HOT WATER May 19-24 in the ASRFC.
- •This will affect towel service, showers, and fluctuating temps in the building.
- •Thank you for your understanding during this planned shutdown.
- Racquetball Court #3 Closed Indefinitely
- •Due to shattered glass, this court is closed, but is anticipated to be open on June 17.
- •Thank you for your cooperation while it is being fixed.
- Enter the Leave Your Mark Design Contest
- •Submissions accepted April 17 - June 12
- •Open to any KU Student
- •Winning design will be put on wall by the track in the ASRFC
- Play-By 3-on-3 Men's & Women's BB Tournaments
- •Get your team together now for the summer tourney.
- •Registration will be from May 22nd - May 29th.; Play will begin May 31st
- •Register online at IMLeagues.com/KU
- Bikes for Rent in ODP
- •Outdoor Pursuits now has bikes available to rent.
- •Mountain and Comfort bikes are available.
Reservation Request Procedure
Facility reservation requests must be submitted at least two weeks in advance of requested date(s). It is highly recommended that facility reservation requests for larger scale events be submitted at least 4-5 weeks in advance of the requested date(s). Advance requests normally will not be considered until 4 weeks prior to the start of each semester.
In addition to the facility reservation request, a completed UEC form must be completed and submitted to the University Events Committee on the fourth floor of the Kansas Union at least 14 days in advance of the requested reservation date(s). Please see University Events Committee Form and University Policies.
A facility reservation request submitted does not guarantee approval of the request.
The appropriate KU Recreation Services staff member will contact the person listed as the contact person for the requesting group. Availability, cost and policies will be discussed. The KU Recreation Services staff may also assist with the organization of tournament brackets and rules.
If approved, a confirmation email will be sent to the contact person. If an email address is not available, the contact person will be contacted via telephone.
Area policies and event policies will be communicated to the contact person of requesting group/organization. It is the responsibility of the contact person to communicate with group or organization.
After the event, an invoice will be sent within 3-4 days via email to the contact person. If an email address is not available, an invoice will be mailed or the contact person will be directed to pick up an invoice from the ASRFC Administrative Office 103.
All organizations and groups not affiliated with the University of Kansas renting activity space must provide a Certificate of Insurance to KU Recreation Services.