KU Recreation Services
Notices & Events
- Tired of the same old workout? Join Strength Camp!
- •February 3rd - March 12th
- •Mon., Wed. & Fri. 7 am - 8 am; Cost: $135
- •Limited to first 6 participants; Sign-up in Room 103 today!
- Intramurals Pre-Holiday Basketball Begins Week of Nov. 24th
- •It's Basketball Time!!
- •Tournament will begin the week of Nov. 24th and resume after the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Having trouble with your fitness goals? Check out a Fit4U Assessment!
- •Cost: $15 - Members; $20 - Non-members
- •Sign up in Room 103 today!
- One More FREE Bilingual Fitness Class!
- •French Yoga with Marissa: Sunday Dec. 15th from 1 pm - 2 pm.
- *Class ttaught entirely in French!
- KU Recreation Services Mobile App is Now Available for Download!
- •There is a version for both Android (Google Play) and iPhone (Apple App Store) phones.
- •For Android, search for "KU Rec" and for iPhone, search for "KU Recreation Services".
- •Go download this free app today!!
Shenk Sports Complex
Named in the honor of Mr. Henry Shenk (Chair of the Department of Health, Physical Education and Recreation from 1941-1972), the Shenk Sports Complex is located at 23rd and Iowa. This outdoor field complex is intended for the use of KU students and University of Kansas employees only. Priority usage has been established by KU Recreation Services. The Shenk Sports Complex is used by Intramural Sports, various KU Sport Clubs, open recreation and is available for reservation by university and community groups. Please call 785.864.1370 or complete this Shenk Outdoor Complex Facility Request Form for inquiries pertaining to availability, scheduling and authorized use of these fields.
The following policies have been established by KU Recreation Services for the safety and enjoyment of participants:
- No Animals allowed on Fields or grassy areas.
- Firearms/Fireworks are not permitted on Fields, grassy areas or in parking lots.
- Alcohol and glass are not permitted on Fields, grassy areas or in parking lots.
- No hitting of golf balls and no archery on Fields or grassy areas.
- No unauthorized vending.
- Vehicles and bikes are not permitted on Fields or grassy areas. Please use parking lots provided.
- Parking is not permitted along entry lanes to north and south parking lots. Vehicles subject to being towed at owner's expense.
- No vehicles, other than University of Kansas service vehicles, are allowed on the fields.
- Please observe open/closed signage located at each entrance and/or on fields.
- Fields may be closed due to inclement weather (lightning, excessive rain), problems with irrigation, poor drainage of fields, etc.
- Under lightning conditions, activity outdoors is not to resume until at least 30 minutes after seeing the last lightning or hearing the last thunder.
- KU Recreation Services and the University of Kansas reserve the right to discontinue activities at any time.
- Please report any field hazard to the Shenk Supervisor on duty or to KU Recreation Services. Field hazards include but are not limited to the following: holes in field, irrigation head protruding, sharp objects, rocks, excessive water, etc.
- Please help keep the Fields, grassy areas, and parking lots clean for all participants. Please dispose of waste items in the trashcans provided. Littering is not allowed in any area. Your cooperation is appreciated.
A printer-friendly version of the Shenk Participant Policy manual is available as well.