KU Recreation Services
Notices & Events
- Annual Steam Shutdown: May 19-24
- •There will be NO HOT WATER May 19-24 in the ASRFC.
- •This will affect towel service, showers, and fluctuating temps in the building.
- •Thank you for your understanding during this planned shutdown.
- Canoe KU Trip Coming in May - Deadline Extended to May 22nd!
- •Trip will take place May 28 - June 3.
- •Float down the Buffalo River in Arkansas.
- •Don't delay, apply today!
- Racquetball Court #3 Closed Indefinitely
- •Due to shattered glass, this court is closed, but is anticipated to be open on June 17.
- •Thank you for your cooperation while it is being fixed.
- Enter the Leave Your Mark Design Contest
- •Submissions accepted April 17 - June 12
- •Open to any KU Student
- •Winning design will be put on wall by the track in the ASRFC
- Play-By 3-on-3 Men's & Women's BB Tournaments
- •Get your team together now for the summer tourney.
- •Registration will be from May 22nd - May 29th.; Play will begin May 31st
- •Register online at IMLeagues.com/KU
- Bikes for Rent in ODP
- •Outdoor Pursuits now has bikes available to rent.
- •Mountain and Comfort bikes are available.
Shenk Sports Complex
Named in the honor of Mr. Henry Shenk (Chair of the Department of Health, Physical Education and Recreation from 1941-1972), the Shenk Sports Complex is located at 23rd and Iowa. This outdoor field complex is intended for the use of KU students and University of Kansas employees only. Priority usage has been established by KU Recreation Services. The Shenk Sports Complex is used by Intramural Sports, various KU Sport Clubs, open recreation and is available for reservation by university and community groups. Please call 785.864.1370 or complete this Shenk Outdoor Complex Facility Request Form for inquiries pertaining to availability, scheduling and authorized use of these fields.
The following policies have been established by KU Recreation Services for the safety and enjoyment of participants:
- No Animals allowed on Fields or grassy areas.
- Firearms/Fireworks are not permitted on Fields, grassy areas or in parking lots.
- Alcohol and glass are not permitted on Fields, grassy areas or in parking lots.
- No hitting of golf balls and no archery on Fields or grassy areas.
- No unauthorized vending.
- Vehicles and bikes are not permitted on Fields or grassy areas. Please use parking lots provided.
- Parking is not permitted along entry lanes to north and south parking lots. Vehicles subject to being towed at owner's expense.
- No vehicles, other than University of Kansas service vehicles, are allowed on the fields.
- Please observe open/closed signage located at each entrance and/or on fields.
- Fields may be closed due to inclement weather (lightning, excessive rain), problems with irrigation, poor drainage of fields, etc.
- Under lightning conditions, activity outdoors is not to resume until at least 30 minutes after seeing the last lightning or hearing the last thunder.
- KU Recreation Services and the University of Kansas reserve the right to discontinue activities at any time.
- Please report any field hazard to the Shenk Supervisor on duty or to KU Recreation Services. Field hazards include but are not limited to the following: holes in field, irrigation head protruding, sharp objects, rocks, excessive water, etc.
- Please help keep the Fields, grassy areas, and parking lots clean for all participants. Please dispose of waste items in the trashcans provided. Littering is not allowed in any area. Your cooperation is appreciated.
A printer-friendly version of the Shenk Participant Policy manual is available as well.