KU Recreation Services
Notices & Events
- Water Outage Mon., 5.20 from 8-10 am
- •Due to testing for backflow, there will be no water available in the ASRFC.
- •Areas affected are: bathrooms, showers, water fountains and laundry service.
- •Please use Robinson for showers and Watkins Health Center for restrooms.
- Racquetball Court #3 Closed Indefinitely
- •Due to shattered glass, this court is closed.
- •Thank you for your cooperation while it is being fixed.
- Annual Steam Shutdown: May 19-24
- •There will be NO HOT WATER May 19-24 in the ASRFC.
- •This will affect towel service, showers, and fluctuating temps in the building.
- •Thank you for your understanding during this planned shutdown.
- Enter the Leave Your Mark Design Contest
- •Submissions accepted April 17 - June 12
- •Open to any KU Student
- •Winning design will be put on wall by the track in the ASRFC
- Canoe KU Trip Coming in May!
- •Trip will take place May 28 - June 3.
- •Float down the Buffalo River in Arkansas.
- •Don't delay, apply today!
- Play-By 3-on-3 Men's & Women's BB Tournaments
- •Get your team together now for the summer tourney.
- •Registration will be from May 22nd - May 29th.; Play will begin May 31st
- •Register online at IMLeagues.com/KU
- Bikes for Rent in ODP
- •Outdoor Pursuits now has bikes available to rent.
- •Mountain and Comfort bikes are available.
Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center
The Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center (ASRFC) at opened its doors to the KU community in September 2003 and provides a multitude of recreational opportunities. The 143,000 square foot ASRFC is managed by the staff of KU Recreation Services, a unit within the division of Student Affairs. Funded by student activity fees, this $17 million facility consists of the following:
- Administrative Offices
- Aerobics Studio
- Cardiovascular Equipment
- The Chalk Rock - 42 feet high Climbing Wall with Arch and Bouldering Area
- Conference Room
- Golf Simulator
- Gymnasium (six woodcourts)
- Lobby/Lounge Area
- Locker Rooms
- Martial Arts Studio
- Multimedia Lecture Room(s)
- Multipurpose Courts with Dasher Board System (2 courts)
- Floor Hockey
- Outdoor Pursuits Equipment Checkout Area
- Racquetball (four courts)
- Resistance Training Equipment
- Squash Court
- Sport Club Office Area
- Suspended 3-lane Track (running/walking)
- Welcome Center (entrance/equipment)
Phase 1 of the ASRFC began May 2007.
Phase 1 opened December 2008
Phase 1 consists of:
- 4 courts
- 2 racquetball courts
- Current Track extended
- Current Martial Arts Studio relocated
- Free Weight Area extended - current Martial Arts Studio
Check back for updates and additional information!