KU Recreation Services
Notices & Events
- Tired of the same old workout? Join Strength Camp!
- •February 3rd - March 12th
- •Mon., Wed. & Fri. 7 am - 8 am; Cost: $135
- •Limited to first 6 participants; Sign-up in Room 103 today!
- Intramurals Pre-Holiday Basketball Begins Week of Nov. 24th
- •It's Basketball Time!!
- •Tournament will begin the week of Nov. 24th and resume after the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Having trouble with your fitness goals? Check out a Fit4U Assessment!
- •Cost: $15 - Members; $20 - Non-members
- •Sign up in Room 103 today!
- One More FREE Bilingual Fitness Class!
- •French Yoga with Marissa: Sunday Dec. 15th from 1 pm - 2 pm.
- *Class ttaught entirely in French!
- KU Recreation Services Mobile App is Now Available for Download!
- •There is a version for both Android (Google Play) and iPhone (Apple App Store) phones.
- •For Android, search for "KU Rec" and for iPhone, search for "KU Recreation Services".
- •Go download this free app today!!
University Event Committee Form and University of Kansas Guidelines
In addition to submitting a facility reservation request to KU Recreation Services, a University Events Committee (UEC) Form must be submitted to the UEC on the fourth floor of the Kansas Union at least 14 days in advance of the requested date(s). The UEC meets every Wednesday at 3:30pm when classes are in session. Completed UEC forms must be submitted prior to 12 noon on Tuesday to be considered for the UEC agenda on the following day. UEC Form is available here: http://www.silc.ku.edu/~silc/UniversityEventsCommittee/UECForm.pdf
Organizations listed on the Consent Agenda are not required to be at the UEC meeting on Wednesday. Organizations listed on the Regular Agenda must have at least one representative at the meeting. If you are listed on the Regular Agenda, the UEC Committee is seeking explanations or answers to questions prior to approval of the event.
All university groups requesting UEC approval must be registered with Student Involvement and Leadership Center: http://www.silc.ku.edu
Minutes may be checked on-line to see if the requested activity/event was approved: http://www.ku.silc.edu/UniversityEventsCommittee/minutes.shtml. The activity/event must be approved through the UEC in addition to being approved through KU Recreation Services.
All food served on campus must be cleared through KU Catering Services which is located on the Administrative Level of the Kansas Union.
Groups requesting use of 'University of Kansas', 'KU', 'Kansas', 'Jayhawks', or the Jayhawk logo on apparel must seek approval through Trademark Licensing: http://www.licensing.ku.edu/
Groups interested in seeking donated Coca-Cola products are encouraged to visit the following website: http://www.vpss.ku.edu/coke.shtml. Please note that requests for Coca-Cola products must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the activity/event date.
Groups must receive approval through KU Bookstores prior to retail merchandise sales.
For all sales on the KU Campus, groups must see LeAnn Ferguson in Room 20 Carruth O'Leary regarding sales tax issues.
Commercial Sponsorship must be approved through the UEC.
Late evening events must notify KU Public Safety. (Contact Mark Witt)