KU Recreation Services
Notices & Events
- Annual Steam Shutdown: May 19-24
- •There will be NO HOT WATER May 19-24 in the ASRFC.
- •This will affect towel service, showers, and fluctuating temps in the building.
- •Thank you for your understanding during this planned shutdown.
- Racquetball Court #3 Closed Indefinitely
- •Due to shattered glass, this court is closed, but is anticipated to be open on June 17.
- •Thank you for your cooperation while it is being fixed.
- Enter the Leave Your Mark Design Contest
- •Submissions accepted April 17 - June 12
- •Open to any KU Student
- •Winning design will be put on wall by the track in the ASRFC
- Play-By 3-on-3 Men's & Women's BB Tournaments
- •Get your team together now for the summer tourney.
- •Registration will be from May 22nd - May 29th.; Play will begin May 31st
- •Register online at IMLeagues.com/KU
- Bikes for Rent in ODP
- •Outdoor Pursuits now has bikes available to rent.
- •Mountain and Comfort bikes are available.
University Event Committee Form and University of Kansas Guidelines
In addition to submitting a facility reservation request to KU Recreation Services, a University Events Committee (UEC) Form must be submitted to the UEC on the fourth floor of the Kansas Union at least 14 days in advance of the requested date(s). The UEC meets every Wednesday at 3:30pm when classes are in session. Completed UEC forms must be submitted prior to 12 noon on Tuesday to be considered for the UEC agenda on the following day. UEC Form is available here: http://www.silc.ku.edu/~silc/UniversityEventsCommittee/UECForm.pdf
Organizations listed on the Consent Agenda are not required to be at the UEC meeting on Wednesday. Organizations listed on the Regular Agenda must have at least one representative at the meeting. If you are listed on the Regular Agenda, the UEC Committee is seeking explanations or answers to questions prior to approval of the event.
All university groups requesting UEC approval must be registered with Student Involvement and Leadership Center: http://www.silc.ku.edu
Minutes may be checked on-line to see if the requested activity/event was approved: http://www.ku.silc.edu/UniversityEventsCommittee/minutes.shtml. The activity/event must be approved through the UEC in addition to being approved through KU Recreation Services.
All food served on campus must be cleared through KU Catering Services which is located on the Administrative Level of the Kansas Union.
Groups requesting use of 'University of Kansas', 'KU', 'Kansas', 'Jayhawks', or the Jayhawk logo on apparel must seek approval through Trademark Licensing: http://www.licensing.ku.edu/
Groups interested in seeking donated Coca-Cola products are encouraged to visit the following website: http://www.vpss.ku.edu/coke.shtml. Please note that requests for Coca-Cola products must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the activity/event date.
Groups must receive approval through KU Bookstores prior to retail merchandise sales.
For all sales on the KU Campus, groups must see LeAnn Ferguson in Room 20 Carruth O'Leary regarding sales tax issues.
Commercial Sponsorship must be approved through the UEC.
Late evening events must notify KU Public Safety. (Contact Mark Witt)