KU Recreation Services' Response to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Updated Tuesday, April 21st, 2020 at 1:36 pm CST.
KU Recreation Services makes the health and safety of the KU Community our top priority at the Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center (ASRFC).
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the ASRFC will be closed indefinitely. All programs and group activities are canceled indefinitely, including KU Fit group fitness classes, personal training, intramurals, sport clubs, and special events. We apologize for any inconvenience that these changes may cause. Please click here to monitor the latest reports from the University.
These are unprecedented times, but we are committed to providing opportunities for health and wellness to the KU Community. While the situation is fluid, we will be sure to update you with any changes that come our way over the coming days.
ASRFC Outdoor Facilities
Our outdoor basketball courts, tennis courts, sand volleyball court, and fields are closed indefinitely to ensure the health and safety of the KU community.
KU Recreation Services is excited to offer a variety of virtual activities!
- Please read our Assumption of Risk Statement before participating in KU Recreation Services' virtual offerings.
Fitness & Wellness
The ASRFC will be joining other University Rec Centers across the US to achieve a goal of 5 million activity minutes together! Create a profile at 2020recreationmovement.com to see our schedule of live virtual KU Fit group fitness classes and to start logging your activity minutes.
How to participate in live Zoom KU Fit group exercise classes:
- Click on meeting link
- Enter meeting ID
- Enter your KU ID and password
- Make sure Zoom has access to your microphone for sound
- Please keep your video off and your microphone muted
- Get active, and have fun!
Quarantine Quiz Show
Steps the Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center is currently taking to ensure the cleanliness and safety of our facility:
- All cardio and strength equipment is disinfected* multiple times a day by recreation staff in addition to members who clean after use.
- All door handles are disinfected* several times a day.
- Sanitizing counter tops and common touch points at and around the Welcome Center/facility access point are sanitized* multiple times a day.
- All sweat, shower and cleaning towels are thoroughly laundered multiple times a day.
*KU Recreation Services uses a hospital-grade disinfectant that is used in healthcare and other facilities where cleaning and prevention of cross-contamination is needed.
All information mentioned is subject to change as the situation evolves.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com or (785) 864-3546.
For more information regarding KU and COVID-19, please visit the University of Kansas COVID-19 website.