KU Recreation Services' Response to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Updated Wednesday, April 1st, 2020 at 10:48 am CST.
KU Recreation Services makes the health and safety of the KU Community our top priority at the Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center (ASRFC).
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the ASRFC will be closed indefinitely. All programs and group activities are canceled indefinitely, including KU Fit group fitness classes, personal training, intramurals, sport clubs, and special events. We apologize for any inconvenience that these changes may cause. Please click here to monitor the latest reports from the University.
These are unprecedented times, but we are committed to providing opportunities for health and wellness to the KU Community. While the situation is fluid, we will be sure to update you with any changes that come our way over the coming days.
ASRFC Outdoor Facilities
While our outdoor basketball courts, tennis courts, sand volleyball court, and fields remain open, the CDC-recommended distance of 6 feet must be maintained between people in all of our outdoor facilities. If social distancing guidelines are not followed, we will close these facilities to ensure the health and safety of the KU community.
KU Recreation Services is excited to offer a variety of virtual activities!
- Please read our Assumption of Risk Statement before participating in KU Recreation Services' virtual offerings.
Fitness & Wellness
Free LIVE virtual KU Fit group exercise class: Friday, April 3rd, 2020 (Meeting link: https://zoom.us/j/7040188980 Meeting ID: 704 018 8980
How to participate in live Zoom KU Fit group exercise classes:
- Click on meeting link
- Enter meeting ID
- Enter your KU ID and password
- Make sure Zoom has access to your microphone for sound
- Please keep your video off and your microphone muted
- Get active, and have fun!
Starting Monday, April 6th, create a profile here for more live classes with NIRSA Recreation Movement 2020!
Quarantine Quiz Show
Steps the Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center is currently taking to ensure the cleanliness and safety of our facility:
- All cardio and strength equipment is disinfected* multiple times a day by recreation staff in addition to members who clean after use.
- All door handles are disinfected* several times a day.
- Sanitizing counter tops and common touch points at and around the Welcome Center/facility access point are sanitized* multiple times a day.
- All sweat, shower and cleaning towels are thoroughly laundered multiple times a day.
*KU Recreation Services uses a hospital-grade disinfectant that is used in healthcare and other facilities where cleaning and prevention of cross-contamination is needed.
All information mentioned is subject to change as the situation evolves.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com or (785) 864-3546.
For more information regarding KU and COVID-19, please visit the University of Kansas COVID-19 website.