- Spouses of currently enrolled KU students, currently enrolled students in Independent Study, and currently employed Faculty/Staff, Retirees, and Affiliates at KU Lawrence, Edwards, and Medical Center campuses are eligible to purchase a membership to the Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center. Spouse membership for students may only be purchased on a monthly basis through the current semester.
- Primary member must be present at the time of initial purchase or initial semester renewal. Current membership of primary membership will be verified via KU Photo ID. Spouse must present picture identification in addition to displaying a marriage license/certificate/affidavit to provide proof of marriage
- Spouses are not eligible to participate in Intramural Sports or the Sport Club Program.
- *Primary member does not need membership in order for spouse to have membership*
Domestic Partners (DP)
- Membership to the Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center is also available for other Qualified Adults. A Qualified Adult is an individual (other than a close relative, employee, or tenant) who has a committed personal relationship with and shares a common domestic life with a currently enrolled KU student, currently employed Faculty/Staff, Retiree, or Affiliate and has done so for the previous 6 continuous months.
- Qualified Adult memberships of currently enrolled KU students may only be purchased on a monthly basis through the current semester.
- Primary member must be present at the time of initial purchase or initial renewal. QA must present picture KU ID for verification. In addition, proof of same residence for a minimum of six months is required. Examples of proof include mortgage or rent agreements, joint utility bills, drivers’ licenses or City of Lawrence Domestic Partnership Registry.
- QA are not eligible to participate in Intramural Sports or the Sport Club Program.
Spouse access to the Robinson Center Pool
- This membership option is available to the spouses/domestic partners of currently enrolled students who have access to the Robinson Center pool. This membership provides an opportunity for spouse/domestic partner to swim during designated times available for student open recreation at Robinson Center.
- Member must present ASRFC Photo ID to Robinson Center staff upon entering facility each time. This membership option must be reactivated and purchased each semester (Fall, Spring, or Summer).