Cycling is normally a fee-based service, which is part of the KU Fit classes; however it's free to take a cycle class during fall semester (2020). A KU Fit pass is required to take participate in unlimited amount of Cycling classes, including all KU Fit group fitness classes during the specified times and dates. Participants must check-in at the beginning of each class by presenting their KU ID or entering their KU ID number on a keypad.
There are 12 Keiser M3+ bikes per class. Bikes are on a first come, first serve basis. Saving bikes for friends is not allowed.
Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center members may use the Keiser M3+ Cycles located on 1923 basketball court when KU Fit Cycle classes are not in session. Please refer to the guidelines at the bottom of the page when cycling during open cycle times.
- Food and drink are NOT allowed in the Cycling Area except for water.
- Aerobics Studio closes 15 minutes proper to class starting.
- Only authorized staff is to operate audio equipment.
- Cycles may not be removed from their storage location.
- Cycle between 60-110 RP for your safety.
- Ask a CRT or KU Fit Instructor to help you fit the cycle to your optimal position.
Please Do Not:
- Pedal backwards. This will break the machine.
- Remove cycle saddle.
- Cycle with feet out of the pedal cages.
- Cycle with extremely heavy resistance, causing minimal rotation.
- Cycle with body behind the seat.
- Rest the entire body on the front handlebars.
- Use the cycle to aid in stretching.
- Leave the resistance knob in the off/lock position. This messes up the calibration.