Policies - Shenk
The following policies have been established by KU Recreation Services for the safety and enjoyment of participants:
- No Animals allowed on Fields or grassy areas.
- Firearms/Fireworks are not permitted on Fields, grassy areas or in parking lots.
- Alcohol and glass are not permitted on Fields, grassy areas or in parking lots.
- No hitting of golf balls and no archery on Fields or grassy areas.
- No unauthorized vending.
- Vehicles and bikes are not permitted on Fields or grassy areas. Please use parking lots provided.
- Parking is not permitted along entry lanes to north and south parking lots. Vehicles subject to being towed at owner's expense.
- No vehicles, other than University of Kansas service vehicles, are allowed on the fields.
- Please observe open/closed signage located at each entrance and/or on fields.
- Fields may be closed due to inclement weather (lightning, excessive rain), problems with irrigation, poor drainage of fields, etc.
- Under lightning conditions, activity outdoors is not to resume until at least 30 minutes after seeing the last lightning or hearing the last thunder.
- KU Recreation Services and the University of Kansas reserve the right to discontinue activities at any time.
- Please report any field hazard to the Shenk Supervisor on duty or to KU Recreation Services. Field hazards include but are not limited to the following: holes in field, irrigation head protruding, sharp objects, rocks, excessive water, etc.
- Please help keep the Fields, grassy areas, and parking lots clean for all participants. Please dispose of waste items in the trashcans provided. Littering is not allowed in any area. Your cooperation is appreciated.