Campus Activity Routes
Campus Activity Route Information
The campus of the University of Kansas is one of the most beautiful campuses of any university. We encourage and invite you to enjoy this beauty while getting some exercise in the process. Please contact us via email for a list of the routes and a map for each route.
The following students contributed to the design of these routes:
- Jeff Burgess
- Ashley Cantrell
- Tim Hagood
- Megan Lounds
- Kiley Roberts
Walking or wheeling* can be one of the best ways to reduce your stress levels and improve your health. Walking or wheeling provides an ideal form of exercise, to get you working towards a more strenuous exercise plan. This type of physical activity offers a great foundation for a healthy lifestyle and helps prevent injury. Now, get up and get moving while enjoying KU’s scenic campus!
* Wheeling is defined as people using wheelchairs, scooters, strollers, and/or bicycles. Please no skateboards.
If you are interested in tracking your progress over time you can download one of the following apps for your smartphone. Here is some information that may be able to assist you.
- Cost: Free
- Requirements: iPhone, iPad, Android
- Description: Use your mobile as a free personal trainer and fitness partner! Using the built-in GPS, Endomondo Sports Tracker tracks your fitness - running, cycling, walking and any other distance based sport. On top, you get audio feedback on your performance during your workout and your friends can follow you live and send you peptalks in real-time.
- Rating: 5 Stars
- Review: "Super App. Very easy to use app that tracks my walks. The "history" button is awesome for tracking multiple work outs by dates"
- Cost: Free
- Requirements: iPhone, Android
- Description: RunKeeper uses GPS to track your fitness activities, including distance, time, pace, calories, heart rate, and path traveled on a map. RunKeeper also provides audio cues, customized interval workouts, manual entry for treadmill and other cardio equipment, integrated RunKeeper Fitness Classes and no advertising.
- Rating: 4.3 Stars
- Review: "Unlike other trackers, this one lets you play your iTunes while walking etc. Tell you how long you have walked and at what pace, tracks, walking, running, biking, etc."
- Cost: Free
- Requirements: iPhone, Android, Blackberry
- Description: iMapMy is a fitness tracking application that enables you to use the built-in GPS of your mobile device to track all of your fitness activities. Record your workout details, including duration, distance, pace, speed, elevation, calories burned, and route traveled on an interactive map. You can even effortlessly save and upload your workout data to any of the MapMyFITNESS websites where you can view your route workout data, and comprehensive workout history.
- Rating: 4.5 Stars
- Review: "Does what it's supposed to, very convenient for seeing new routes and how you progress."