Policies - Personal Training
Policies for Clients
- Clients must notify their trainer at least 24 hours in advance to reschedule an appointment. If the client fails to do this, the session will be forfeited. If a client no-shows, he/she will still be charged for that session.
- Refunds will be issued for medical reasons only and must have a doctor's note.
- Personal Trainers, without nutrition certification or dietitian license, are not allowed to prescribe meal plans to their clients. Nutritional information/guidelines may be discussed and explained, but specific meal prescriptions are strictly prohibited.
- If dissatisfied with your assigned trainer, a new trainer can be resigned at no additional cost.
- Personal training sessions expire one year from purchase and are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Clients will be asked to update their medical history and informed consent forms annually and medical clearance as needed.
- We are not a HIPAA entity, but all information is private and confidential.
Outside Personal Training
Personal training at the Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center (ASRFC) may be provided only by those individuals who are specifically employed by ASRFC for that purpose. Anyone who is not an ASRFC staff personal trainer and is observed or suspected of conducting outside personal training may be approached and questioned regarding their activities. Any of the following or related behaviors may attract such questioning:
- Assisting a participant with technique, or any specific instruction, but not exercising with that individual during all portions of the workout.
- Writing and/or designing a fitness or workout program for a participant.
- Explaining and providing exercise directions to a participant or group of participants.
- Directing exercise order or duration for a participant.
- Meeting with the same participant on a frequent basis or multiple participants on the same day.
- Getting and returning weights for a participant.
- Directing a participant around the room and telling them what to exercise next.
- Receiving payment from another individual for an exercise session.
If an ASRFC staff member concludes that this policy has been violated, both the trainer and patron may be asked to leave the ASRFC.
ASRFC cannot adequately control and has no responsibility for the quality of personal training from individuals that are not employed by the ASRFC. These individuals may not have adequate academic background, national certifications, or training, ability, or experience to properly train clients. The use of the ASRFC for outside personal training also is in direct competition with the personal training service that the ASRFC offers.
Repeat violations of this policy may result in suspension or permanent loss of ASRFC privileges and submission of your name to the Student Conduct Officer for possible further sanctions under the Student Code.