Thank you for your interest in starting personal training at ASRFC! Please advise: There is a limited number of personal trainers available after fall semester and it is unknown when new clients (or past clients who have not trained recently) will be able to start personal training since there are numerous clients already waiting for a trainer. We are accepting health history forms in the admin office at ASRFC (ensure availability listed on the health history form is for spring semester 2019). When a trainer is available for you, you will be contacted to pay for personal training sessions. Payment must be received prior to meeting with your trainer. We apologize for any inconvenience and we are working diligently to recruit students to become personal trainers for you.
A couple of alternative solutions may be to attend
- KU Fit Group Fitness classes: They offer a variety of strength, core, cardio, yoga, Pilates, barre, and dance classes. The spring 2019 schedule will be published in January. A KU Fit pass is required except during the first week of class (see schedule for specific dates).
- Fit45, a specialty class involving a high intensity workout using bodyweight and minimal equipment. Registration required in the admin office. If the class size limit is not met, individuals may purchase a single class pass for $8.
KU Recreation Services offers an opportunity to work one-on-one with a personal trainer. Each session is 55 minutes. Check out the Personal Training Packages for costs.
- Sessions expire one year from the date of purchase and are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Please be respectful of your trainer's time and effort to prepare for your session: Cancellations should be given at the clients’ earliest convenience (more than 24 hours in advance). Sessions cancelled less than 24 hours in advance will result in the loss of the session and fee.
- Health histories are updated annually and medical clearance as needed.