Please join us on Thursday, March 2, 2017 in Room 202/203 at Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center. We will have a meeting to discuss Recreational Aquatic Visioning for our future. We welcome your thoughts and feedback.
If you are unable to attend for the entire meeting, come and go as your schedule allows!
To be held on Monday, December 5th with the Sport Clubs to get their input.
To be held on Thursday, December 1st from 4-6 pm in Room 202/203 of the Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center. Please come and go as your time allows!
To be held on Thursday, Nov. 10th, from 4-6pm in Room 202/203 of the Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center. The agenda will be as follows:
Focus Session on Indoor Recreation Facility Assessment
- Observations from walk-through of Ambler Center
- Updated Floor Plan Diagrams for Ambler showing Existing Usage
- “What We Heard” from Students at 10/27 Meeting
- Tabulation of Existing Spaces & SF Allocations
- Identification of specific space deficiencies per NIRSA standards
- Additional “Needs” identified by KU Students / Staff
Interactive Visioning for Expansion of Ambler Center
- Opportunities for a “Phase 3 Addition / Expansion” project
- Discuss Fitness Trends and New Opportunities for KU Rec
- Preliminary Sketch Ideas from HOK team – “First Thoughts…”
- Student Activity w/ Physical Model & Program Blocks
Follow-Up on Outdoor Rec Field Assessment for West Campus
- ‘What We Heard’ from Students at 10/27 Meeting
- Update on Field Site Analysis and Assessment
Scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 27th, from 4-6pm in Room 202/203 of the Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center. Here are the potential topics we will cover:
- Review Priority Goals from Kick-Off
- Understanding the NIRSA Standards
- Peer Institution Data
- Initial Facility Evaluations – Overview
- Identify Priority Space Needs for Indoor / Outdoor Facilities
Please come out and join us for the discussion.
The initial Kickoff Meeting will be held on Thursday, Oct. 6th, from 4-6pm at Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center, Room 202/203. There will be a 30-minute presentation, which includes the scope of the project from HOK, followed by a question and answer time. Please come, join the conversation, and ask your questions!