Upcoming Certification Opportunities

Now Hiring

Contact kufit@ku.edu to learn how to teach this fall and spring! Don't wait since there's limited time to join the KU Fit team!

    Trainings for Specialty Certifications

    Some KU Fit Instructor classes, such as Body Pump, Zumba, Mixxed Fit, Pound, and Yoga, require specialty certifications to instruct the course.  That means you'll certify directly through the organization.  As long as you meet the training requirements, you will earn your certification and you're one step closer to becoming a KU Fit Instructor!

    All certifications are offered virtually and may have in-person training options locally or taking place in a nearby state located to Kansas or your home-state.  Click the link to find various training dates and specific details about the certification.  Other specialty certifications may be accepted upon discussion. 

    Get Certified Now!

    • YogaFit Teacher Training, Level One: Foundations - this training provides an introduction to yoga that allows you to teach KU Fit Instructor classes
    • RYT 200 - If you have aspiration of teaching Yoga after college or just want comprehensive instruction (more than YogaFit Level One Foundations) look into obtaining your RYS 200.  You will select a studio to complete your training with and then register through Yoga Alliance. 
    • Body Pump Instructor Training - You'll learn how to instruct a high-energy, choreographed strength class
      • Live training coming to Kansas City, MO April 23 (9-4 pm) and 24 (9-1 pm).  Register by April 1 at noon.  Contact KU Fit for specific detail.
    • TRX 
      • Select "TRX Suspension Training Course" on the website.
      • This course would qualify you to teach class with TRX exercises.  Depending on your proficiency in cardio and strength based exercises, it may also allow you to teach a HIIT/bootcamp style class that incorporates TRX along with cardio (jumping jacks, jump rope, high knees, etc.) and strength (burpees, squat jumps, planks, etc.) exercises.
      • Students may obtain a 20% discount on instructor training and products.
    • Obtain an ACE Group Fitness Instructor or AFAA Group Exercise Instructor (scroll down to "self-study certifications" for more information).
    • Obtain a NCCA accredited personal training certification
    • MixxedFit 
    • Pound - Select "Pound Pro" to sort by "training type
    • Zumba - Obtain "Zumba Basic 1" certification

    Self-Study Certifications 

    The following organizations provide a general Group Exercise certification where you study on your own to obtain your certification.  Having a Group Exercise certification would allow you to instruct non-specialty classes.


    KU Fit Instructors must be students at The University of Kansas enrolled in at least 6 credit hours.


    For more information email KU Fit.