Specialty classes do not fall under the KU Fit schedule of classes.
- Open to students, faculty, staff, and ASRFC members. ASRFC membership is required.
- They typically run for 6-weeks or 12 classes.
- All classes have minimum and maximum participant requirements. Please check each class for those numbers.
- Sign up for all of them at the Admin. Office (Rm. #103) at the Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center (ASRFC). Must be registered prior to participating.
- Certain classes require a that you have a health history on file within the past year and medical clearance is required if you're a male 45 years or older, female 55 years or older, or considered medically high risk. If you've registered for one of these classes within the past year, provide any changes in your health in writing or complete a new health history form.
- A high intensity workout using bodyweight and minimal equipment.
- Session 1 (PDF)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from January 29 to March 21 from 12:00-12:45 pm led by David B.
- Classes will be held in the Oread Arena (i.e., the soccer arena)
- Cost: $60
- Session 2 (PDF)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from March 26 to May 16 from 12:00-12:45 pm led by David B.
- On Tuesdays class will be held in the Aerobics Studio and on Thursdays, class will be held in the Oread Arena (i.e., the soccer arena)
- Cost: $65
- NEW - register online (directions below)!
- Maximum class size: 15
- NEW: Want to try the class or can't attend an entire session, purchase a single class pass for $8 in the admin office (give receipt to instructor). Available for sale the first day of class and less than 15 participants must be registered. In other words, no more than 15 participants in a class.
- Register in the Admin Office at Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center or online (directions below).
- Go to website – recstore.ku.edu
- On landing page, top right corner, click log-in and log in via your single sign on credentials
- On landing page, click on “Specialty Classes (Programs),” bottom left corner icon
- Under classification, click on “Specialty Classes (Programs),” classification bar on left side
- Under semester, click on “Spring 2019”
- Specialty classes will appear, Fit45 is the last option.
- Click on the offering
- Click on Register
- Will “create registration”
- Read through waiver, click on gray box for signature
- Draw signature with mouse, click save
- Re-direct back to waiver page, scroll down and click “Sign Now”
- Shopping cart will appear, click checkout (blue button)
- Are you sure? Click checkout
- Redirects to payment page then complete payment page and click submit
- Required Health History Form (PDF)
- Medical clearance is required if you're a male 45 years or older, female 55 years or older, or considered medically high risk: Medical Clearance Form (PDF)